Welcome to the medical professionals’ information center. NeoTract, Inc. is committed to helping medical professionals provide the best care for their patients by developing innovative devices that address unmet clinical needs in urology.
The UroLift® System
LUTS due to benign prostatic hyperplasia affects millions of men every year. While these men can select from a variety of treatment options, from medication to major surgery, there has been a gap in the treatment continuum for a less invasive option.
The UroLift® System was designed to meet this need. With its unique design and mechanism of action, the UroLift System is a simple procedure that provides immediate, visible results. The procedure is done in an inpatient setting and under general or local anesthesia. Patients typically can return home the same day without a catheter. With significant symptom relief outcomes and a fewer side effects, the UroLift System can be a first line treatment for patients who prefer an alternative to medication or major surgery.
The UroLift System Procedure
The UroLift System works by lifting and holding the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way, like opening curtains on a window, to relieve the compression on the urethra. The UroLift Delivery Device is used to deliver the Implantable Prostatic Retractor to the prostate lobes without any cutting, heating or removing of prostate tissue. Typically, 4 retractors are placed.
UroLift Animation Video
UroLift Case Video
The UroLift Delivery Device
The UroLift System is comprised of two main components:
- UroLift Delivery Device, which is used to deliver the implantable prostatic retractors
- UroLift Implantable Prostatic Retractor, a trans-prostatically tailored permanent implant made with common implantable materials: nitinol, stainless steel, PET suture
Non-clinical testing has demonstrated that the UroLift® Implantable Prostatic Retractor is MR Conditional. A patient with this device can be safely scanned in an MR system immediately after placement meeting the following conditions:
- Static magnetic field of 1.5 Tesla or 3 Tesla or less, only
- Maximum spatial field gradient of 1,500 Gauss/cm (15 T/m) or less
- Maximum MR system reported, whole body averaged specific absorption rate (SAR) of 4 W/kg (First Level Controlled Operating Mode)
Under the scan conditions defined above, the UroLift Implantable Prostatic Retractor is expected to produce a maximum temperature rise of 2.4°C after 15 minutes of continuous scanning.